⏰ Setup : 5 min
See the video tutorial (in french)
Made by Iliès with ❤️
- have an Outlook account
- have a LinkedIn account (add me here)
Hey, this is Iliès from the Visum Team ! 🦉
I present you today a very simple and free solution to find the LinkedIn account of a person with his email address thanks to Outlook. 🎉
⚠️ Warning : Don't overuse this hack. It's using your personnal API token binding your Outlook and LinkedIn account. If you're spamming the LinkedIn API servers, your LinkedIn account may be restricted. So I recommend about a hundred uses per day maximum. Or do it with a second LinkedIn account.
ℹ️ Fact : You should have more matchs with personnal email than profesionnal email since people are registering on LinkedIn with their personnal email.
1) Login to your Outlook account (sign in if you don't have one)
2) Go to the Contacts section, and create a new contact just by putting my email : email@example.com
3) Now, you have a new contact entry and you can see the LinkedIn tab that will interest us.
Since I have registered on LinkedIn with this email, Outlook will try to ask the LinkedIn API to get my profile informations.
4) As the LinkedIn tab displays, you need to login to LinkedIn to allow Microsoft to use your account to find and display my informations. You know what to do 🦉
Follow the steps to login to your LinkedIn account and give the right permissions.
5) Wow ! 🎉 All the informations are displayed now on your contact card
You can see it's basically all the informations displayed on your target LinkedIn profile. So the API returns a lot of informations that's be useful to know better your contact.
And voilà ! 🔥
If there any problem, feel free to contact me on LinkedIn ⛑
You can also check my next tutorial there, to process the same thing effortlessly with our Chrome extension ! 🔥
This tutorial was brought to you by the Visum team, don't hesitate to join the newsletter to not miss any hack and tips. 🤙
Don't forget : Visum sees, Visum knows. 🦉