⏰ Setup : 5 min
See the video tutorial (in french)
Made by Iliès with ❤️
- have an Outlook account
- have a LinkedIn account (add me here)
- you have completed the previous tutorial to link your Outlook and LinkedIn accounts (click here)
- using the Chrome or Brave browser
Hey, this is Iliès from the Visum Team ! 🦉
This is the next part of my previous tutorial :
Today, I'll show you how to find quickly and easily any LinkedIn Profile with an Email. I developed for you a simple extension to do that and the match are 100% accurate ! 🚀
It's my first Chrome extension, do not hesitate to report errors and suggestions. 💪
⚠️ Warning : Don't overuse this tool. It's using your personnal API token binding your Outlook and LinkedIn account. If you're spamming the LinkedIn API servers, your LinkedIn account may be restricted. So I recommend about a hundred uses per day maximum. Or do it with a second LinkedIn account.
ℹ️ Fact : You should have more matchs with personnal email than profesionnal email since people are registering on LinkedIn with their personnal email.
🚨 Last thing : This extension is in alpha version. Check sometimes for new versions on my Github repo to be sure to have the last version while waiting to have the extension approved on the Chrome store.
1) Download the source of our extension : Code > Download ZIP
The whole code is here, feel free to use it !
2) Type in your browser navigation bar : chrome://extensions/ or brave://extensions/
You will have access to the advanced settings of your browser extensions.
🚨 Switch to the Developer mode in the right-top corner to display the options we want
3) Unzip the previous downloaded file > Click on the "Load unpacked" button > Select the folder unziped
It will load the LinkedIn Finder extension in your browser.
4) The extension is now installed in your browser. Don't start it for now, I'll explain why later.
Be sure to pin the Visum extension in your extensions bar :
Click on 🧩 > Then Click on 📌 beside the extension.
5) Login to your Outlook account (sign in if you don't have one)
Be sure to be logged in each time you want to use the Visum extension otherwise it will not be able to recover the token we need to achieve our goal.
If you didn't binded your Outlook and LinkedIn accounts yet, follow this tutorial.
6) Ok, everything is ready to launch the extension. Click on it. It will open an Outlook tab. After a few seconds, a notification appears saying that the Outlook token has been retrieved.
The Outlook Token is now in your clipboard. Feel free to keep it for the next tutorial to use our API. At any time you can relaunch the extension to get your API token.
⚠️ Warning : You must be connected on your Outlook account before that to make it work properly.
🚨 Keep in mind that Token is valid only 24 hours. Beyond that, the extension will not working anymore. So you just have to relaunch it to get a fresh Outlook Token.
Your token stored in the clipboard should be like this :
⚠️ Sometimes, notifications are not enabled by default in your browser and it doesn't display properly. Don't worry, you should still have the extension working.
If you want to display back your browser notifications : Go to your computer notifications settings > Choose your browser > Allow Notifications
7) Watch the magic happen by selecting an email in your browser > Right click > LinkedIn Finder by Visum 🦉
Now, you'll have a notification that's the extension found a LinkedIn profile associated. You can click on it to get redirected on the LinkedIn Profile. The url profile is also stored in your clipboard. You just have to paste it !
And that's it for today ! 🔥
If there any problem, feel free to contact me on LinkedIn ⛑
You can also check my next tutorial to process the same thing with Zapier and our public API effortlessly ! 🚀
This tutorial was brought to you by the Visum team, don't hesitate to join the newsletter to not miss any hack and tips. 🤙
Don't forget : Visum sees, Visum knows. 🦉